Job Location- Hyderabad, India
Experience- 4+ years
As a Technical Writer, you will be responsible for working independently on components of an information development project. You will contribute to the team on a variety of projects and call upon team members for guidance as needed. You will contribute to the team and work independently.
- Strong writing skills, namely a command of grammar, syntax, diction, and the conventions and best practices of writing a variety of technical documents.
- Experience in using the Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA).
- Good knowledge and writing experience using XML-based authoring tools such as oXygen XML Editor.
- Create and maintain Online Help, Installation Guide, Upgrade Guide, Deployment Guide, Release Notes, Support Matrix, and other such product documentation deliverables.
- Design, develop, and write technically accurate and comprehensive product documentation that adheres to the MSTP.
- Understanding of core information development processes: content planning, content creation, and content review.
- Fundamental skills with the authoring tools used by the information development teams.
- Fundamental collaboration skills: Ability to work with cross-functional teams and other writers for updates in the product or the process.
- Ensure strict adherence to the delivery schedule by planning, tracking, and delivering as per sprint commitments.
- Participate in daily scrum meetings, development design reviews, and documentation reviews.
- A bachelor’s degree in English, Mass Communication, Journalism, BE, or any other related field.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in Technical Writing for an enterprise product.
- Fundamental knowledge of core technical communication concepts, such as topic-based authoring, minimalism, task-oriented design, single-sourcing.
- Experience with content management systems, such as Astoria and Visual Studio.
- Basic skills in editing (QA for documentation) – ability to recognize errors in a variety of information deliverables.
- Working knowledge of Lean/Agile/XP software development processes and how to follow processes for information development.
- Working knowledge of major aspects of software design, development, and QA and how they affect the information development process.
Interested to join the team ? Send in your resume at careers@PurpleTalk.com